The OHSI host various professional development events throughout the year. These events provide a discussion forum for those interested in occupational hygiene and encourage and facilitate greater contact amounts. Our Annual Conference and AGM are our main events which are scheduled around February/March. Watch this space for further details of our next OHSI event.
Occupational Hygiene Society of Ireland 27th Annual Conference
6th and 7th March 2019
SILVER SPRINGS CLAYTON HOTEL, CORK
"Occupational Hygiene – playing its part"
OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE (OH) CHALLENGES – PLAYING STRATEGICALLY
Workshop Facilitator: Dr Bob Rajan– Health and Safety Executive, UK
Wednesday 6th March 2019
In this workshop, we explore OH challenges and opportunities under three themes and propose strategic approaches for preventing work-related ill-health.
The themes are:
- Reporting key risk management information
- Promoting positive culture, attitudes and behaviours (CAB) for better exposure control outcomes
- Maximising new developments in OH practice
We will explore the said themes with the help of the following approaches.
- Developing and implementing Ill-health Prevention and Performance Indicators (IPPI)
- Influencing CAB with Learning Occupational Health by Experiencing Risks (LOcHER) and Virtual Reality (VR)
- Applying Artificial Intelligence (AI), digital technology and failure minimisation exposure control approaches.
This conference contributes CPD points tow ards BOHS, IOSH and AIHA